This project is meant to enhance the ability to export goods from Malawi by reducing the need for re testing, re inspection and re certification abroad through acceptance of measurements, tests, conformity assessment results issued in Malawi.
The purpose of the project is to contribute to a more adequate, effective and sustainable National Quality Infrastructure in Malawi in accordance with international and regional principles and practices by supporting the improvement of the performance of the Malawi Bureau of Standards.
Main Project Activities
- Implementation of the National Quality Strategy
- Continuous strengthening of the MBS technical and human capacity.
- Monitoring progress by Government of Malawi in Development of the new MBS state of art laboratory
- Introduction of Product Certification scheme
- Institutionalization of better regulations in Malawi