Responsive Institutions and
Citizen Engagement (RICE)
Aligned to the SDGs, UNDP Strategic Plan and Malawi Growth and Development Strategy III, through contributing to UNDAF Outcomes; UNDP’s Responsive Institutions and Citizen Engagement (RICE) team manages a portfolio of strategic interventions focusing on;
- Strengthening technical and financial capabilities of democratic governance institutions through legal reforms, implementation and enforcement of laws and policies in line with international standards to improve transparency and accountability (SDG 16.6)
- Promoting access to justice by marginalized groups.
- Strengthening central and decentralized governance systems and structures for improved service delivery through integrated UN support.
- Alignment of national and local development processes for improved civic engagement and acceleration of SDG achievement.
- Enhancing access to information, heightening civic education and advocacy; and raising awareness of human rights for increased active, free and meaningful civic engagement and participation including marginalized groups.
- Strengthening coordination mechanisms at central, sectoral and local government levels.
- Strengthening mobilization of diverse types of development financing at central and decentralized levels for the achievement of SDGs.
- Ensure interoperability of different data bases including Aid Management Platform, IFMIS, PSIP.
- Strengthening performance management data as part of overall M & E framework.
- Harmonization of quality disaggregated data collection systems at national, sectoral and district levels;
- Promoting use of data for evidence-based development planning and programming at all levels (SDG 17.18), including through supporting alignment of the 2030 Agenda with national monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Strengthening capabilities of the relevant institutions at central and local levels for improved collection, analysis and use of data for development planning and programming by strengthening national statistical capacities.
- Promoting use of data for mapping and addressing inequalities.
- Enhancing coordination of donor support on data management; leverage partnerships and innovations; support strengthening of mutual accountability for effective development cooperation.
- Establishing real-time conflict early warning and response mechanism for monitoring conflicts and threats to peace within an enhanced coordination framework of existing structures.
- Capacity building support to Malawi Electoral Commission and other stakeholders to allow for stronger operational practices and constructive engagement on electoral processes, including around civic and voter education, voter registration, results management, electoral conflict management and enforcement of Electoral Act.
“We have delivered the ID to the people of Malawi, and everyone agrees this is transformation,”…
As we commemorate this year’s World Environment Day, we therefore need to remind ourselves that we…
The Buy Malawi Strategy is a Government of Malawi initative designed to promote the consumption of…
By buying locally produced goods and services, we are creating more jobs together and helping in…
Lilongwe Dairy Limited, a leading local manufacturing company and one of the recipients of the…
The Access to Justice through Village Mediation and Paralegal Services Project was officially…