Sustainable Growth (RSG)
Development Solutions for RSG
Aligned to the SDGs, UNDP’s Resilience and Sustainable Growth (RSG) team manages a portfolio of initiatives focusing on:
- Accelerating growth and innovation through expanded access by emerging entrepreneurs to affordable start-up capital.
- Expanding market-led innovation and inclusive business solutions to Malawi’s development challenges in the areas of agri-business, manufacturing, logistics, irrigation, and renewable energy.
- Supporting small and medium-size enterprises to expand into new markets, meet quality standards, and create new jobs, with a focus on women and youth.
- Facilitating impact investments through enterprise challenge funds, business development services for social entrepreneurs in the renewable energy sector, and incentives for employment creation.
- Creating more robust disaster risk and early warning systems, including expanding access to timely, reliable and actionable climate and weather information to reduce livelihood risks and inform development planning.
- Facilitating local governance, responsive institutions, and social accountability for community-based action to scale-up climate change adaptation.
- Helping our Malawian partners access climate finance to support implementation of priority programmes and actions under the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Under the Sustainable Energy for All (SE4All), up-scaling access to renewable energy services, especially through clean mini-grids.
- Promoting healthy ecosystems and nature-based solutions to improve resilience to shocks.
“We have delivered the ID to the people of Malawi, and everyone agrees this is transformation,”…
As we commemorate this year’s World Environment Day, we therefore need to remind ourselves that we…
The Buy Malawi Strategy is a Government of Malawi initative designed to promote the consumption of…
By buying locally produced goods and services, we are creating more jobs together and helping in…
Lilongwe Dairy Limited, a leading local manufacturing company and one of the recipients of the…
The Access to Justice through Village Mediation and Paralegal Services Project was officially…